I am a sinner


I AM A SINNER.
By Elia Vesikula 8/12/19



                                                      Elia Vesikula at family church service
I am a sinner blessed by the Lord Jesus Christ my God. I woke up this morning with worries of what will I eat and where my bills payment will come from. Yes you said it, Jehovah Jireh. The Lord provides. I drew my last dollar earlier today from my bank account.
I came to the office a little discouraged. I went around town looking for work but was unsuccessful to get any jobs. I was anxious about tomorrow. Where will my food and fuel to travel to do Gods work and for my business come from. Will I be able to go home after work as my fuel was low.
To my surprise when I opened my face book messages, there was a message to call a relative in Australia. She was sending me $500.00 to support our street ministry. I was overjoyed. I prayed and said Lord I am a sinner as I was anxious today, when your WORD says that we should not worry about anything as you feed and clothe the birds and provide their beautiful clothes and you will also look after me. So that’s why I prayed today and said Lord I am a sinner for not completely trusting you.
Two days later the money was finished. I had no money again and had very little fuel in the car. It was Saturday. I had to go to two churches as I was doing Christian stories.
As I was in church on Saturday I received a call to cover a story at an old peoples home. The call came when I was doing the sermon. I returned the call after sermon and rushed to do the work in my white church clothes as a close friend had called. I was hoping I could get at least some fuel money so I could get me to  my next church assignment.
However I was not paid for the work. I thanked the Lord. I was very tired as it has been a long night preparing for the sermon and preaching and running to a photo and video shoot after. But I am not complaining



Self and grandson Tu boiling tea  for street visit

The next day was Sunday.I came with my grandson Tu and son Jerry to help me in the shoot and doing the story for the Christian WORD magazine.  We had only $20.00 left for our fuel for the whole day. We had a few places to go to. Just a short while after leaving home, I got a call from a nephew. He was coming home to visit me as I was sick. We decided to meet in a supermarket as I was already heading to the church to do stories. He blessed me with some fish and $30.00. This generous donation was used for our fuel to the two churches and we managed to record our stories. We are so thankful for the Lords Jesus right hand reaching out all the time. I bought some bread for my nephew’s family in exchange for his gifts. I was delighted to see his children who were my grandchildren as well. I had my last $20.00 which I had kept a side for my fuel. But we were glad that the Lord fed us and also gave some money for fuel and some money for my grandchildren’s’ surprise. We praise the Lord Jesus. We have to trust him completely all the time. He provides. Do not be discouraged. Our journey continues and all glory to the Holy Spirit.
I hope you are blessed with this story. Always place your hope in the Lord Jesus and he will always be there for you. God bless you and your family.




                                             Self and Tu ready to depart for street visit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sigatoka boy puts Fiji on the map dancing for God

Na veivakarusai ni yaqona ni Viti

The passing of my homeless friend Nafiz by Elia Vesikula