Abuse by anonymous

ABUSE ANONYMOUS. Abuse is something I’ve lived with all my life; be it physical or verbal abuse, it had become somewhat a norm. I am 28years of age and through my journey in life I am most certain of one thing and one thing only, that I am never fighting my battles alone because God is always there with me as the Book of Exodus 14:14 says “The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” Rest assured that the Lord will always come through for you in your darkest as Joshua 1:9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go”.
I grew up with an alcoholic father and an abusive mother. And I always pondered on the question “Why Me ?”. Being the eldest, they had a lot of expectations of me. It was a nightmare and the most painful experience because one should feel safe and love at their home. Then one day, I went to church with extended family and there I found what I needed and longed for; Love and acceptance. I gave my life to the Lord and from there it was a whole new scene for me. Whenever I would get verbally abused by my mother, I would pray. Cry my heart out to the Lord and the Lord has always comforted my fragile heart. Reading the bible brought me even more closer and I felt peace at heart.The Lord has seen me through all my struggles and sufferings till today. When I turned 23 I got married to my high school sweetheart. That too became a bitter sweet experience. He was physically and emotionally abusive. I would have black eyes, a broken finger and bruises and say things to me that would break me emotionally. It was another living nightmare.His priority was always the “vanua”.Four years into our relationship and I still did not give up on him because I loved him and I believed that the Lord will change my husband. 1 Corinthians 13:7 says “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things”.
Romans 12:12 “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer”. His word is so crystal clear, you just need to have faith. I can now proudly say my husband transformed into what I always prayed for in a man. The Lord again got me through another one of my battles.Praise God! My husband is a new man now and I cannot thank the Lord enough. If you are struggling and fighting with abuse, know that the Lord sees your pain and he will deliver. Psalm 34:4 says “I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears”.You need to let him into your life and have faith that he will see you through no matter what you’re going through just as 1 Peter 5:7 says “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you”. Keep the faith and be steadfast at heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sigatoka boy puts Fiji on the map dancing for God

Na veivakarusai ni yaqona ni Viti

The passing of my homeless friend Nafiz by Elia Vesikula